Dear Post Students and Families,
I am honored to be your child's principal! It is my sincere pleasure to work with our dedicated staff and community to help provide an excellent educational experience for our students. We are excited to have all students back on campus for a full day of learning.
At Post, we strive to create an environment where expectations are clear and consistent. Effort, as well as achievement is celebrated. Our most important responsibility to our students, parents and community is to create a safe and caring learning environment to where students understand that school is a place for learning. We aim to protect and nurture the uniqueness of each child, as well as his or her capacity for intellectual and emotional growth.
We believe that effective education results from a positive partnership of parents, students, community members, and staff members. This partnership is built on a strong foundation of commitment to student achievement and continues to grow with open communication between home and school. Parents set the tone for their children's education by instilling the basic understanding that education and learning are important. You are a powerful influence in your children's overall academic, social-emotional, and lifelong success!
I am excited for the upcoming opportunities to work with your child and you. I wish your family, and especially your students, great success this school year.
Ms. Kim Kroyer
Post Elementary School equips students with academic and personal skills for lifelong success. At Post, we focus on the whole student. In addition to our highly-qualified staff and teachers, we have a team that includes a School Psychologist, Speech Therapist, and Nurse to provide support for our students' social and emotional.
Academic Support for Students
Post offers a multitude of programs to support students' academic growth. Students in kindergarten through second grade use iPads and third through sixth grade students have 1:1 Chrombeooks, ensuring technology is a critical component of innovative classwork. Outside of the classroom, students enjoy a variety of opportunities, including:
- Academic Pentathlon – Select 6th grade students participate against various southern California schools. Post has continually ranked within the top 3 places since we began participating.
- Accelerated Reader – Students are encouraged to read 30 minutes a night. Students are recognized by the number of words they read during our Friday assemblies as appropriate.
- Coding and Robotics Lab – Students have the opportunity to participate in an after-school Coding and Robotics Lab. Various robots are used including Spheros, Dash, and Dot. Students have the opportunity to work in front of a green screen and video.
- Educational, Enriching Field Trips – All field trips are educationally beneficial and enhance student understanding of grade level curriculum.
- Sixth Grade Science Camp – All 6th grade students have the opportunity to attend Science Camp at Irvine Regional Park for 2 nights and 3 days. At camp, students participate in night hikes, hands-on activities, working collaboratively with each other, and learning about science in an outdoor setting.
- Spelling Bee – Annually we hold a spelling bee for fourth through sixth grade students with the winner of our school spelling bee competing against other elementary schools within our district.
- Teachers are trained in GATE Strategies – All teachers incorporate GATE strategies into their instruction. GATE strategies are special practices, procedures, and theories used in the education of children who have been identified as gifted and talented. All students at Post are exposed to these strategies as appropriate. This prepares students to participate in AP and Honors classes.
Celebrating Student Success
All students have the opportunity to be recognized for academic success and positive contributions to the school.
- Pride Certificates – Recognized weekly
- Panther Awards - 2 times a year for classroom achievement (academic and social)
- Principal’s Awards – Academically based on final report cards
- Individual Classroom Incentives
Community Involvement – Post prides itself with involving our community in various events. We welcome and recognize that we need our families to be participants in their child’s education. Many of our community activities include:
- Trunk or Treat
- Multi-cultural Month
- Lunar New Year
- Hispanic Heritage Assembly
- Parade of Nations
- Egg Drop Contest
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest
- Holiday Ornament Family Activity
- Friday Flag